Water Health Benefits: The Best Times to Drink Water
How much water should you drink in a day? Maybe the right question is when to drink water in a day.
* composes 75% of your brain
* regulates your body temperature
* makes up 83% of your blood
* removes waste
* composes 22% of your bones
* cushions your joints
* helps carry nutrients & oxygen to your cells
* moistens oxygen for breathing
* helps convert food to energy
* protects and cushions vital organs
* helps your body absorb nutrients
* makes up 75% of your muscles
Were you aware that drinking water at certain times can deliver extra benefits?
* after waking up – helps activate internal organs
* 30 minutes before a meal – helps digestion
* during and post-exercise – maintains hydration
* before taking a bath – helps lower blood pressure
* before going to bed – helps avoid stroke or heart attack
As to how much water…well, for starters, you lose approximately 250 milliliters of water daily just by breathing. If you’re into math, you can translate that into ounces. For the rest of us, that’s 8.45 oz.
So at least one cup of water per day is needed just to replace what you use up for breathing.
You don’t have to be into math to figure out you need to add to that!
By Alexandra and Kymberly Williams of Fun and Fit.org